With the construction of 135-metre ship, the Amadeus Riva, the traditional Austrian cruise line is once again setting new standards for luxury river cruising with five-star travel comfort as well as cutting edge technology for environmental protection. The ship will sail on the Danube and the Rhine as well as on the Dutch & Belgian waterways.
From spring 2023, the Amadeus Riva will offer guests a choice of 12 suites with walk-out balconies and 68 exterior cabins across three decks that feature mostly lowerable panoramic windows. The newbuild follows the progressive design and top-level standard that the Amadeus fleet is famous for, accompanied by generously designed public spaces as well as numerous luxury outdoor and dining venues including
- The elegant Panorama-Restaurant, the intimate dining lounge with highlight menu
- The Panorama-Bar with dance floor
- The classic "Café Vienna"
- The glazed open-air “River Terrace” bar on the ship’s bow
- Wellness area with massage, hairdresser and fitness room
- A spacious sun deck with relaxed lounge and outdoor restaurant
“With the Amadeus Riva we continue our 40-year tradition of excellence by providing a contemporary response to the strong worldwide demand for premium river cruises. This includes modern elegance and luxurious comfort as well as innovative and pioneering standards in environmental protection and ship technology,” explains Martina Lueftner, founder and managing director of Amadeus River Cruises.
The Amadeus Riva will incorporate the very latest technology in sustainable travel similar to the Amadeus Cara which joins the fleet in June 2022. The state-of-the-art ship’s engine not only enables highly efficient energy management but also significantly reduces CO2 emissions. In spring 2022 the Amadeus fleet was awarded the prestigious Green Award for its strengthened sustainability strategy, which acknowledges the high safety and environmental standards on board. Equally innovative and modern is the ship’s newly developed air filtration system with two-stage purification which removes aerosols potentially containing virus particles from interior spaces.
From spring 2023, guests onboard the Amadeus Riva will be able to explore the Danube and Rhine as well as the Dutch and Belgian waterways with a choice of 14 departures. These include:
- An eight-day Classical Danube cruise which will take guests from the city of Passau, which is located at the confluence of three rivers, to the magnificent city of Budapest
- A 10-day cruise 1,200 miles along the Danube taking guests from Vienna to Bucharest (or vice versa) on a journey of discovery through seven countries including a visit to the Danube Delta.